Monday, April 21, 2008

Fun Stuff

One of my favorite artists/authors is named Susan Branch. If you haven't heard of her, you should check out her website!! I love all of her adorable books and calendars and own many of them. I love to give them for gifts, as well. They are always a hit! Here are a few of the books that I own and I wanted to share them with you and tell you that you won't be disappointed if you get one.

This little book is always on my coffee table at Christmas time!! It has great ideas for decorating, gift giving, and wonderful recipes, too!



I absolutely love this book. It is a daytimer that takes you through all the seasons with ideas and quotes and seasonal drawings. Very whimsical and fun!



Here is what Amazon has to say about this book...
Girlfriends Forever is about the joys of sharing everything with a good friend: recipes; style, decorating, and wardrobe tips; memories; and party ideas. Susan Branch, in her appealing, personal style, tells of her life with her friends, from her exhilarating experience of meeting the Beatles to her Tuesday Girls get-togethers, and offers tips on the art of the home. Sprinkled throughout are her thoughts on food and love, all highlighted by quotes and fresh, vivid watercolours. The recipes have a winning combination of snappy taste and healthy, low-fat ingredients, and contain complete nutritional information.



Here is an example of one of her calendars. She is so creative and inspiring!



Check out her website when you have time!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I also had a couple of recipes I wanted to share with you. These are both veggie recipes that I really like! You can never get enough of those, right???

Green Bean Bundles

3 cans long green beans
6 slices bacon, cut in half
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. allspice
1 c. green bean juice

Gather green beans into small bundles and wrap with half a slice of bacon. Bring brown sugar, allspice, and green bean juice to a boil and pour over beans. Bake at 400 for 30-45 minutes. Enjoy!


Broccoli-Cauliflower Medley

1 bunch fresh broccoli, cut up
1 bunch cauliflower, cut up
1 red pepper, chopped
2 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. minced garlic
1/4 c. butter
salt and pepper

Steam broccoli and cauliflower. In saucepan, cook butter, diced red pepper, garlic, and mustard. Put steamed veggies in dish, then pour butter mixture over and toss.

Warm in oven at 300 for about 10-15 minutes. Delicious!!!

Hope you're having a great Monday!

2 comments:

Knitting Mania said...

Hi Betsy...I've been enjoying some of your Monday fun this evening...
Those books look wonderful.

I've been having some fun too over at my blog, and I want to invite you to pop on over and check out my first give away in honor of my upcoming B-day. A purse give away, one of my knitted/felted ones....hope to see you there...

Great Day---

Megan L Hutchings said...

I just had a galz night last night! That books sounds perfect for my two bestest!