Monday, April 7, 2008

Florida-Day 1

Waking up on vacation is the best. No alarm clocks--yayyy!! We got up leisurely and drank our coffee and sat around and talked and watched the Today show. Then Laura and I went to the store to stock up for the week.

One of the things I absolutely love about Florida is the beautiful plants and foliage. It is unique and so different than anything we have in Charlotte. Everything is always green and lush...no matter what time of the year!



These beautiful hibiscus flowers grow right on Mike's patio!



Bougainvillea is everywhere!



After lunch it was time to hit the pool for some sun time!! We thought the day might turn out cloudy, but the sun came out and it was just the right temperature. We got to catch up on some reading and relaxing.



I am almost done reading my book!



We stayed at the pool all afternoon. Then tonight we went to dinner at PF Changs. We got the lettuce wraps for an appetizer. Are those not delicious??!! Then Steve and I split the Honey Shrimp.



And, of course, we had to come home and watch the NCAA final game! I am bummed out because Carolina lost and so did UCLA. Those were my final two teams, so my standing in my little school competition is shot. But it will still be a good game! Looking forward to another relaxing day tomorrow! :)

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Your vacation sounds HEAVENLY so far!!! I love that you are blogging about it - I feel like I'm right there with you! :-)

Christal said...

Oh your vacation is making me jealous even makes me miss florida! Since we lived there for 3 months last year! Love the pic on the chair reading the book how relaxing!! Keep having enough fun for all of us lucky girl!! I love that you are keeping us all caught up as the days go by thats awesome! Hope its warm and sunny for the whole time for you!! Fun times!! ttyl

Melissa said...

I think we're all coming to visit you in Florida! Enjoy the sun, wear sunscreen :) LOVE pf changs, the lettuce wraps are soooo good! have fun laying around reading and enjoying the family!

Patti's Chat said...

Enjoy the sunshine and bring some back to us - it's cloudy and chilly here! Great pics! Have fun!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so jealous you are soaking up rays in Florida, but oh so happy for you!

Also, three words for you...
GO LADY VOLS!!!!

Caroline said...

oooooooooooooo those pictures make me WANT TO BE THERE RIGHT NOW!!!!! i love the picture of you at the pool reading!!!! so cute. have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!