Saturday, April 12, 2008

Catching Up

When you re-enter the world of reality, there is always so much catching up to do! Groceries to buy, laundry to do, mail to read, grass to mow, phone calls to return...you get the picture! That's what we've been doing all day today.

I was walking into Wal-Mart this morning to stock up on their biggest container of Tide for all my laundry when a man stopped me and asked if he could have about 60 seconds of my time. I was a little leery at first, but he looked like a nice guy and he gave me his business card and told me he was the Atlanta Bureau Chief for Business Week Magazine. He was interested in interviewing people regarding the upcoming election. So I told him I would agree to talk for about a minute. He was very polite and respectful and just asked me questions like, "Who are you going to vote for in the next election and why?" and "What issues are the most important to you right now?" and "What is it that you like about this candidate versus that candidate?" and "How do you feel about health care, the economy, the war in Iraq, education, etc, etc, etc....."

Wow! He was so thorough and I was having to answer questions so quickly! I started to feel like I really needed to come home and do more research into each candidate and what they stand for exactly. So I found this website that was a quick comparison of the candidates and their views on various issues. If you are interested, here it is: Commitment 2008
He told me the article is going to be published by Wednesday of this week. If they decide to use my interview, he is going to call me to get my picture made tomorrow. I'll let you know if they call! :)

I got so much done today, so I am proud of myself. Tonight Steve and I are getting a movie and having some strawberry shortcake! Have a good Saturday night!

1 comment:

  1. Now that I'm home and got all caught up it looks like you had so much fun and had beautiful weather of course your family is beautiful! Vacations are some of life's greatest memories things you remember forever!!
    I love your front door and the potted plants so pretty!!
    Well hope you have a great week ttyl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)