Friday, April 25, 2008

44!

Well, I think I accidentally gave the impression yesterday that I had some big news to share today. Haha....no, it's nothing huge...just my birthday today!!



(Otherwise I'm just looking forward to summer because school is going to be out soon--YAY!)

The birthday fun started yesterday, though, when my team got me a cookie cake. Then last night my parents brought over dinner. Mmmmmm....let's see, we had country style steak and gravy, mashed potatoes, squash casserole, black eyed peas, salad with strawberries, mandarin oranges, cashews, and poppy seed dressing, rolls, orange tea, and pig-pickin' cake!!! Am I spoiled or what?? They also gave me a great church cookbook (which are always the best tried and true recipes), a watch that has different beaded bands that you can swap out, and an adorable bag!! They are always so sweet and thoughtful.



We enjoyed that dinner out on our porch. The weather here for the past two days has been bordering on hot, which is how I like it!! Today it is 81 degrees!! LOVE IT!

My class was soooo sweet today. Lots of hugs and kisses and well wishes. I got a beautiful pot full of flowers for my porch from Toni, my TA. The class gave me two gift cards (Nordstrom and Pier One) and a cute monogrammed insulated coffee cup and tons of cards.



This afternoon, my in-laws dropped by with a cute little birdbath and some pretty notecards. They stayed and visted for a while. Then, tonight we went to dinner downtown at a restaurant called Mimosa Grille. Here are some pictures of our night out.

It got windy all of a sudden when we got there!







When we got back home, I opened my presents from my family. My kids got me a really cute pink blouse and black dressy bermuda shorts. Guess what Steve got me? If you saw my blog a few days ago, I said I wanted a couple of books. I guess he has been reading my blog, because he got me both books! Plus he got me Adobe Photoshop!!! YAY! I have been wanting that!



My friend, Candy, came over tonight and brought me the sweetest little key chain that has an angel on it and a sweet quote about friendship. She also gave me a gift certificate to Stein Mart. I can't wait to use that!

The best thing about birthdays is just the phone calls, e-mails, and cards that make the day so special. God has blessed me so much. Looking forward to the year ahead!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Happy birthday!!!!!
It sounds like it's been a really fun one! That restaurant ya'll went to looks really nice and the food looks so good!!!!
Hope you have a good weekend!

mer said...

Happy Birthday! It definitely appears that you are loved!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Betsy ~ you are an April (diamond, sweet pea flower) baby too! There is nothing better!!!! You are absolutely adorable and I am so glad that you got showered with tons of gifts!

Caroline said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DEAR BETSY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.........


OH I HATE THAT I MISSED THIS...... YOU DON'T LOOK 44 ONE SINGLE BIT...WOW YOU ARE LOOKIN GOOD GIRL