Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This and That

Last night was fun! We took Mark and his girlfriend, Brilyn, and his best friend, Michael out to dinner at Lone Star Steakhouse. That's his favorite and we go just about every year for his birthday! Then we came back to our house for a big cookie! Here are a few pictures from the night:

Mark and Brilyn



My boy!



Mark and Laura and Lindy



Brilyn, Mark, and Michael



I wanted to share something really good with you. I found this over Christmas and served it sort of as a "party drink". I loved it then, but forgot about it after Christmas. But I found it again this week at the grocery store and it is so yummy and refreshing on a warm day. If you like GingerAle, give this a try!



So, I'm going to play along with Kelly's American Idol game. On American Idol last night the contestants had to sing songs from the year they were born. Kelly asked if we had to pick songs from the year we were born, which songs would we sing? Well, I was born in 1964, and most of the songs that were popular then were by the Beatles. But I think we've had enough Beatles songs on AI! So, here are the songs I think I'd pick:

1-Where Did Our Love Go?-The Supremes

2-My Guy-Mary Wells

3-You Don't Own Me-Leslie Gore (this one is really fun to sing...I always sing along when I hear it!)

4-Walk On By-Dionne Warwick

There wasn't a whole lot to choose from that year!! :) Too bad I wasn't born in the '70's!

2 comments:

Meshaal said...

cool pictures.

Kelly said...

Oh I love "my guy".
That was pretty fun to look up popular songs when we were born!