Saturday, March 15, 2008

TGIF!

Fridays are the BEST!! Today at school all the kindergarten classes dressed up like Nursery Rhyme characters and we had a parade through the school. Talk about cute! That was a fun way to start the day.

Tonight Ashley and I went out to dinner at Five Guys. That is a really good hamburger place with the old-fashioned, hot-off-the-grill hamburgers with grilled onions & mushrooms and homemade fries. Mmmmmm! Then we stopped by a store called Swoozies.


That place is sooo cool! It is really eye candy just to walk in there. They have such cute notecards, invitations, party supplies, handbags, etc....


And they have the stamp that I love & am planning to get. You can use this with the adorable note cards they have to make the cutest personalized stationery! I just love this!


After we left Swoozies, it was on to Blockbuster because I really wanted to rent Dan In Real Life.


I had heard it was really good and wanted to watch it tonight while Steve is out of town. But they were sold out. So I ended up getting this instead.



I hope it's good!

I started thinking about my favorite movies. My very favorite movie ever is Places In The Heart. There's probably a good chance you haven't seen it. It is set in the 1930's in Waxahachie, Texas. It is the story of a mother of two children whose husband is killed tragically and she is left to keep the family together on her own. She makes two very unlikely friends who help her find a way to keep her children and make enough money to save her home and farm. It is a wonderful story with complex characters and an uplifting message. That's my favorite kind of movie!


Well, it's time for me to go put on pajamas and relax!! Yayy for Fridays! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I have heard so much about NY and how fun it is. We are really looking forward to it.
    I'll be sure to post pictures and memories when I get back.
    Your Friday sounded like fun! Sometimes I miss teaching little ones.
    I love your movie selections. "Father of the Bride" is one of my favorites.
    I'll talk to you soon.
    Love,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the movies in your stack!!!
    I have heard of swoozies - but only on-line - didn't know it was an actual store!!! Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, there is a swoozies in Collierville, Tn and I just fell in love with it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)