Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Saturday

Isn't this a pretty spring picture? I saw it on Flickr and thought it was amazing.



Just a few things to be happy about today:

* 25 out of 32 of the teams I picked won the first round of the NCAA Tournament! Pretty good for a novice like me! :)

*This perfume:


It smells so fresh and springy to me. I think I'll have to switch over from Clinique Happy for a while.

*We have grass again! Yayy!

Mark and Steve about to "roll out the carpet".


They worked so hard putting it all in place!



I love my backyard (and my front yard, too!)


*I know this is crazy, but I found another gift card! I checked online last night and it has almost $100 dollars on it. What is my deal with forgetting about these cards???!! Anyway-I'm looking at one of these in either white or green:




*I shared a recipe yesterday for a great spring salad, but here are a couple more dessert recipes that I love to fix in the spring or summer.

This one is super easy!

Pig Picking Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 can mandarin oranges

Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil well. Blend in oranges. Bake in 3 9" cake pans at 325 for about 20 minutes.
Frosting: 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
9 oz. Cool Whip
Large can pineapple with juice
Mix pudding, Cool Whip and pineapple. Spread over layers, top, and sides.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This one sounds a little crazy, but trust me, it is delicious!

Blueberry Banana Pie
Two graham cracker pie crusts
Slice bananas lengthwise into pie shells--sprinkle with lemon juice.

Prepare 2 pkgs. Dream Whip per directions on package.

Mix 8 oz. cream cheese (softened) with 1 cup sugar.

Add cream cheese mixture to Dream Whip.

Spoon 1/2 can blueberry pie filling over bananas on each pie.

Top with Dream Whip mixture. Chill.

Take one of your pies to a friend!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You have done much better with your bracket than I have with mine - it's my worst in years!!! :-)
Your yard looks so good!
And I love the green jacket!!