Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturdays

One of the things I like to do on Saturdays is TiVo all my favorite cooking shows so I can watch them when I have the time during the week. I love the Food Network! I'd have to say Paula Deen is my favorite! And Giada deLaurentis is great, too. I tried one of Paula's recipes on New Year's Eve for a little get together I was having & it was a hit! Doesn't this look yummy??



Here is the recipe:

Banana Split Pizza


1 (20-ounce) box fudge brownie mix (recommended: Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix)
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved
2 tablespoons sugar
2 bananas, sliced and tossed in lemon juice to prevent browning
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup chopped nuts
Chocolate ice cream topping or chocolate syrup, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 15-inch pizza pan. Prepare the brownie mix according to box directions. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove from the oven and cool. Beat the cream cheese, pineapple, and sugar together in a bowl. Use any reserved pineapple juice at this time, if needed, to soften the mixture to a good spreading consistency. Otherwise dispose of or save the juice for another use. Spread the mixture over the cooled brownie crust. Arrange the banana and strawberry slices over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts and drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping. Refrigerate. To serve, slice as you would a pizza, and enjoy!

I think I am going to make one of these today!

I am also thinking about getting some throw pillows to go on my screened-in porch today. I have this exact same furniture with these same green cushions that we got last year from Pottery Barn.



There are some really cute throw pillows at the Pottery Barn store right now that would look great with what we have. I can't wait for the first spring day so I can sit on my porch and enjoy the breeze and just being outside! Happy times!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh yes - I saw her make that recipe on one show - it looked so good. My favorites are Paula and Giada too! I love the food network!

mer said...

That looks pretty yummy! I'm not a fan of chocolate, but I bet my family would LOVE me for making this!

I'm ready for spring too. It felt spring-like today...our high was 66 and my kids were outside playing in their shorts, BUT tomorrow our high is supposed to be 30 and we have an 80% chance of heavy snow. *sigh*

Caroline said...

I WANT A SCREENED IN PORCH SO BAD I COULD JUST SCREAM!!!!!!! we have a lake house in Ark. and there is nothing better than a morning q-time with the Lord!!!! glad you had a great weekend....I am adding you to my links right now!!!!