Monday, March 31, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

It continues to be rainy and cold! Today I went to the grocery store after school and bought my usual heaping cart full of groceries. Then I paid for them and told the bagger, "No problem! I can take them out myself." So I headed out the door only to discover it had started raining pretty hard. I didn't have my umbrella, so I just pulled the hood of my jacket up and started looking for my car. The only problem was I couldn't remember where I parked!! (I was on the phone when I went into the store and wasn't paying attention.) So I walked ALL OVER that grocery store parking lot in the rain with all those groceries. Sometimes I just have to laugh at myself.

Here is what my trunk looked like today.




Here is my receipt!!



And the crazy thing is....that will only get me through about half a week! My kids are eating me out of house and home!! :)

Can spring break get here soon enough? The other night we were talking and remembering last year about this time. I took the girls to New York City for four days. Oh my goodness, we had so. much. fun.!!! We all love it there! We stayed in Midtown Manhattan. We shopped (we have a few wild stories about going literally underground for designer purses!), did some sightseeing, ate great food, and went to see Wicked, which was wonderful!!



Here we are at Starbucks, where I think we went about 15 times a day!!



Ashley and me at a little bagel shop. Bagels for breakfast are a must in NYC!!



I wanted to stop by the HUGE Scholastic store in SoHo, which was a teacher's dream come true! Laura and Lindy had to try on the Harry Potter attire. They are the two biggest fans on the planet!




Here we are before Wicked eating dinner at Maria Pia's. Yummy Italian!




It snowed while we were there, which was beautiful, and we even got to meet Ann Curry at the Today Show!!



We were soooo excited about that. I love the Today show. During the summer, I wake up with Matt, Meredith, Ann, and Al every day! :) And I even TiVo it!

Speaking of the Today show, I was excited to hear today that Kathie Lee Gifford is joining the show! Some people don't like her and think she's cheesey. But I always really enjoyed her when she was on Regis and Kathie Lee! I'm glad she's back.

So...just another Monday. Looking forward to next week and hanging on until then!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Ya'll haven't had spring break yet??? I'm so jealous of your NYC trip - it looks so fun - mom and daughters!!! I want to go so bad! Maybe next year!

mer said...

I am laughing so hard that you took a picture of the groceries in the trunk of your car...in the RAIN! Kelly would be proud of you!

I think Ann Curry is so pretty, and I love the Today show too. I try not to turn the tv on in the mornings before school because my kids get sucked in and so does their mother, but I love watching it in the summer.

Great NYC pics. I'd love to go there someday.

Christal said...

So much fun!!! how cute are you and your girls!!! I would love to go NYC one day!! Love the groceries in the trunk blogging is so fun we all take pics of the most random things but others out there understand what we mean or are talking about{that sounds like a future post eh} To fun!! Love the recipe too I'll have to try that! I didn't know you were a teacher either that is so awesome! What grade do you teach?? Love the whoppy coushin that is so fun of you to actually do it!! You must be a great teacher!! I was a teachers aide for 7 years before the kids came I worked with special needs kids loved it most of the time!! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog too! You are so sweet!! ttyl