Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Recap

Our Easter weekend was very nice. Saturday night, after Steve and Mark worked in the yard all day, we went to dinner with Steve's parents at La Unica, one of our favorite little Mexican restaurants. Then we came home to watch basketball (what else??!!)and Laura and Lindy dyed eggs with friends.



Saturday night Ashley was attending the wedding of one of her good friends, Amanda. Amanda was Ashley's big sis in Chi-O and is a die-hard fan of the University of South Carolina and even had her wedding in the football stadium! Here are a couple of pictures of Ashley and John, her boyfriend. She and John have been together now for four years. We love him!

This is Ashley and John with Cocky, the USC mascot!






Easter morning, Ashley and John drove home so they could join us for the service. It was so nice having everybody together. Mark brought his girlfriend, too, so we had a whole pew full of us!

After church we went to my mom's house for lunch. Both my brothers and their families were there along with two of my aunts. We had Honeybaked ham, potato casserole, green beans, baked beans, seven layer salad, asparagus casserole, deviled eggs, rolls, tea, and Italian cream cake for dessert! It was so yummy. We didn't even really need to eat dinner. Here is how my seven layer salad turned out:



The rest of the day was just relaxing and finishing up a few things in the yard. I had today off and tomorrow, too! I am totally loving this break. Hope your week is off to a great start!

PS--I got 12 out of the Sweet 16 right in the NCAA Tournament! Yayy!

2 comments:

Mississippi Girl said...

Seven layer salad is one of my FAVORITES, and I love the creativity of the eggs!!
Jennifer R.

Kelly said...

Had her wedding in the USC stadium!!!! That's awesome. I always threatened to have my wedding at razorback stadium.
I love layered salad also!!!