Thursday, March 6, 2008

Kickball and Leigh Ann

When I was in elementary school, I loved kickball! That and tetherball were my two favorite playground games. Well, today I got to relive my childhood. We had a raffle at school recently in which the teachers "auctioned off" different fun things that students could buy a ticket to do such as: breakfast at Mrs. Smith's house, or a watercolor lesson with Mrs. Jones. It just so happened that the auctioned item for kindergarten was a kickball game with all the kindergarten teachers. So, today, 12 children got to play kickball with us and have ice cream afterwards. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time!



Tonight I went to dinner with one of my sweetest friends, Leigh Ann. We go WAAAAYYY back. All the way back to high school! She used to drive me to school back when we both had really big hair & loved to listen to Foreigner. We have been through so many years together...getting married, pregnancies, working at church preschool together, and raising teenagers. We have taken about three or four trips to Charleston together. I love her!

I saw her about two weeks ago when we ran into each other while we were getting our nails done. We started talking like we always do & decided we needed more time to catch up, so we scheduled dinner for tonight at Carrabas. Then she took me on a tour of her new house! Oh my goodness....it is gorgeous and she has such a flair for decorating. It could be a model home!

I had so much fun with her. I love a friend who you can sit down with and it is like you've never been apart even though you haven't seen each other in a while! She is a blessing in my life! Love you, Leigh Ann!

3 comments:

  1. Yummm...Carrabba's is my most favorite restaurant EVER!

    Glad you had fun with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is when you know you are good friends...when you pick right back up where you left off... I love that! Ya'll look beautiful in that picture!!!! have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Leigh Ann. You two look great in that pic. So glad you could spend time with her.
    Yeah and...kickball and Foreigner, that made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)