Tuesday, March 4, 2008

In like a lion...


I have been explaining to my class about how March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Well, today they got to witness that firsthand. As we were out playing on the playground, the wind just started whipping up like crazy! They were running around and squealing. One of them said, "Mrs. Maddox, I think the March lion is ROARING!!" This afternoon was nothing but torrential rain and even tornado warnings!



I had a baby shower tonight with all the sweet ladies from my Bible Study. The Bible Study is made up of the girls from two newly wed classes at our church and meets on Tuesday nights. Two of the girls are pregnant, so tonight we had a little covered dish dinner and gave them some big baby gifts.

When I left the shower, I was listening to a CD, but the rain was literally coming sideways across the road and the trees were bending over, so I turned on the radio thinking we were having a tornado! I could hardly see the road in front of me! Not five minutes later, my cell phone rang and it was Laura and Lindy. They were on their way home from having dinner with a friend. The first thing they said to me was, "Mom! We're so scared!!" Oh my goodness, my heart stopped! I just knew they were going to tell me they had had a wreck! (And Steve is out of town in Atlanta, of course!) They were just driving in the crazy conditions and had really never done that before. (They just turned 16 in August and got their licenses in November.) A huge streak of lightening had just crossed the sky and had blown out all the electricity in the front part of the neighborhood and all the traffic lights, too! They were just in a panic. It's so nerve wracking being the parent of beginner drivers! I pray for their safety every time the go out the door.

I am just thankful that we are all home safe and sound and in our cozy house tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are sooo pretty. I love the "in like a lion and out like a lamb" I might have to use that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)