Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. It is a rainy, blustery day and that is exactly how she says she remembers most of her birthdays being! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful mom. The oldest of four girls, she was born in 1941 in the little mountain town of Franklin, North Carolina. Isn't she the cutest baby?



She would have been valedictorian of her class, but she was able to graduate early and head off to college at Baylor University. That's where she met my dad and began her life as a Baptist preacher's wife. But she has a life of her own, too!

She taught high school for years. She taught English, debate, and Bible. She taught many of my friends since she taught at my high school! Her students loved her and now when I see my high school friends around, they always ask how she is doing and say, "I just love your mom!" She is an excellent Bible teacher and teaches both Sunday School and lots of Women's Bible Studies. If you ever have a question about the Bible, she probably has the answer for you!

She is a grandmother to nine grandchildren and keeps track of each one by sending birthday cards & presents, going to their games and events, and inviting them over to hang out at her house. Any day of the week she can be found reaching out to someone by taking them out to lunch or taking dinner by if someone had a baby or is sick. I am so amazed, now that I am a mom, when I look back on all she did while we were growing up. How did she juggle her extremely busy church schedule, go to all my brothers' games (they both played football, basketball, and baseball), teach school, and still cook us delicious meals and make our house homey and fun???!! I admire that!

Happy Birthday Mom! I love you! :)



On another note, Michael Buble was AWWWEEESOMMEE last night! I absolutely loved that concert. We were so close to the stage, too! I will post a few pictures, but I'm not sure if you can really tell that we were only about 30 feet away from him! He is just such a great entertainer. He was funny. He schmoozed with the audience...came out and took pictures with people, signed autographs, etc. He joked around alot and was sincere and humble. And, of course, his voice is just like butter. We had the best night. There were almost 10,000 people there and it was just a blast! If you ever have the chance, go see him!

These are a little fuzzy. My camera doesn't take good pictures in the dark!





Until tomorrow....have a great night!

No comments: