Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday


Happy Good Friday!

For some reason, we did not get Good Friday off, so I had to work today. But I am looking forward to a nice long weekend, since we are off Monday and Tuesday. Steve is out in the yard putting down sod because our drought was so bad last year that it ruined all of our grass. Pretty soon we will have a beautiful, green lawn again!

We had thought about going to a Good Friday service tonight, but I know he will be really tired from working so hard all day in the yard and I am ready to chill out after this busy week. So, I'm thinking it might be dinner and renting a movie tonight! Sounds good to me!

I am going to my mom's for Easter lunch on Sunday and I am bringing one of my favorite spring salads--Seven Layer Salad. It is so pretty in a big glass bowl, plus it is really delicious. Here is the recipe. Enjoy!

Seven Layer Salad

1 head of lettuce, chopped
1 c. diced celery
4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
1 (10 oz.)box of frozen peas or one can small sweet peas
1 c. green pepper, chopped
1 c. grated carrots
1 sm. purple onion, diced
8 slices fried bacon, crumbled
1 can water chestnuts

Dressing
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing MIx (1 oz. size)
1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 container sour cream (8 oz. size)

Layer salad ingredients as listed, starting with lettuce in a large glass bowl. Spread salad dressing on top. Top with 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)