Sunday, March 16, 2008

Girls Night Out

We had a very relaxing Saturday. Most of my day was spent cleaning. Ha ha--that's a surprise! But I had about an hour of finishing my book, Water For Elephants, and taking a nap. I love that! :)

This was the last night Steve is out of town. I am really looking forward to him coming home! It seems like he's been gone forever. So, since he was gone and Mark is always hanging out with his friends, we had a girls night. We went to see the movie Penelope.


I thought it was cute. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but it was entertaining.

Then we headed over to Cantina 1511 for dinner. I had never been there, but Ashley said it was really good. And we loved it.


They make homemade guacamole at your table! I could have eaten that by itself for dinner! It was delicious. I love avocados and they are really healthy for you!

In fact, I just e-mailed a friend today to ask for a recipe with avocados that she brought to a covered dish we had the other night at a friend's house. It is an avocado chicken salad that Paula Deen makes. I thought I would share it with you. It's great for a church social or a light lunch!

Avocado Chicken Salad

3 cups of cooked, diced chicken
3 cups of cooked white rice
2 avocados, peeled, diced, and tossed with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
3/4 cup of chopped onion (I used a purple onion)
1 cup mayonnaise
1-2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (I used dried)

Combine all ingredients and chill. Pass with avocado dressing.

Avocado Dressing

1 large avocado, peeled and mashed with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
Dash of cayenne pepper

Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Chill and serve alongside of chicken salad.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

mer said...

I am hoping for some time to read and take a nap this afternoon!

I finished Water for Elephants a few months ago, and I really liked it. And I've been wanting to see Penelope, but will probably wait for it to release on dvd.

I also want to see Dan in Real Life, but it was checked out when I went to get it. I ended up with August Rush, and it was so sweet...I think you would like it!

And one more thing...when we eat at a certain mexican restaurant that serves tableside guacamole...THAT IS my meal. I *heart* guacamole, and totally indulge. So yummy.

Have a great Sunday. Glad your husband will be home soon. I really don't like it when my husband has to travel. :(

Kelly said...

Sounds like a great day! Your girls are SO cute!!!
That homemade quacamole sounds great - we need one of those restaurants here! Thanks for the recipe - I'll have to try it - it sounds great. I love avacado and Paula Deen so I should be in luck!