Friday, March 28, 2008

Fun and Games

We are big game players at my house--especially at Christmas time and on vacations! We love Catch Phrase and Monopoly and Scattergories and any other fun board games. And we also like to play cards. Every time we have a snow day or sometimes on a weekend night, we will get together with our next door neighbors and play Oh He** or Spades. Many hours at the beach have been spent playing cards with them. Fun times! And my in-laws love to play Beacon Hill Rummy. We go over and play with them from time to time. All my kids love to play cards and have games going all the time in the summer. Sometimes it's fun to play games online, too!

I guess since I teach kindergarten, I am always looking for fun sites and games for children. I found THE CUTEST website the other day. It is by an artist named Jenny B. Harris. I love her work and her website is really fun!


If you have children, they might have enjoy making this gingerbread house!



Or little girls might like dressing up this adorable bunny!




She has cute clothes like these.





I used to LOVE paper dolls and this is like a virtual paper doll!

Another great website for learning games is called Starfall.


Let your children go here and they will have a great time playing while they learn!

Did you ever play with a Lite Brite when you were a kid?


That was such a fun toy! You can play with a virtual Lite Brite here.

And if you are into word games like I am, you will love playing a game called Text Twist. You have 6-7 scrambled letters and you have to see how many words you can make in about 2-3 minutes. Laura and I play this and it sucks you in! You keep wanting to try it over and over!

Text Twist



I found these next games on my brother's blog, Thirteen Thoughts. Lindy and I sat down and tried these together one afternoon. It was fun!

How many countries can you name in 5 minutes?


Click here to try it!



Now see how many colors you can name in 5 minutes!

Well, that's all the games I have for now. Hope you had a little fun! Enjoy your Friday!

5 comments:

Christal said...

Wow fun sites. my son loves the starfall site all the kids will sit around and learn I love it too! So fun ! Blogs are so awesome look at all the fun stuff we learn eh! Have a great day!ttyl

Megan L Hutchings said...

I have a game that you HAVE to try...DVD Scene It / Squabble Version. My friends and I get together for game nights to play it, Catch Phrase, Scattegories, and of course The Wii!

mer said...

Have you ever played Blokus? It's one of our favorites! We're game lovers too!

Melissa said...

I love game nights! I can get very competetive!! Bobby and I like to play Apples to Apples, it's so much fun! I once was a Text Twister addict. I've been sober now for a few years. I have replaced it with spider solitare :)

Becoming Me said...

Thank you for this super fun post. I love the game ideas.