Sunday, March 9, 2008

Chilling Out

Whew! This has been a really busy week for me. I have been looking forward to Saturday so I could just stay at home and do alot of nothing. And that's exactly what I've done today! Blueberry muffins are a Saturday morning tradition at our house. Even Mark's friends come over on Saturdays asking for muffins. They are always disappointed if we don't have any. So we started the morning off with muffins and coffee and the Saturday paper.

I have been so sad this week to learn about the student body president from the University of North Carolina. Her name was Eve Carson and she was shot and killed on Wednesday. That really hit home to me. I graduated from UNC. (I went to Baylor University for my first two years, then transferred to Carolina.) My next door neighbor, Bobby, goes to UNC. And I have a daughter just like her. By all accounts, she was brilliant and beautiful and had so much promise and hope. I can't imagine the devastation and grief her parents must feel right now. That is just so sad!!! There is so much evil in this world. We have so much to pray for!


I got some cleaning done this morning, too. I think I Magic Erased the entire house today. I've fallen in love with that thing! And, of course, I did some laundry. (It just wouldn't be Saturday without that!) I swept and dusted and Steve told me he would vaccuum for me. Then I plugged in these little babies (wallflowers from Bath and Body Works) and now I have a clean house that smells really good. I love the Sweet Pea fragrance!

I even got to read a book and take a nap this afternoon. When was the last time THAT happened??

Tonight Steve and I went on a date. He is leaving Monday for a week, so we wanted to spend some time together before he has to go. We went to PF Changs and then shopping for those pillow cushions I've been wanting from Pottery Barn.


While I was online today, I found a personality test on another blog. We have been thinking about personality types at my house since we have so many teenagers about to declare their majors and trying to figure out what they want to do and where their place is in the world. I thought it was really interesting! I was an ISFJ - The Nurturers. ISFJ stands for Introverted (I am actually right in between introvert and extrovert), Sensing, Feeling, Judging. Early Childhood teachers are often ISFJ. Well, I must be in the right career! :) Are you curious about what personality type you are? You can take the quiz HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I love taking personality test. I am an ENFJ!!!!! I too was sad to hear about the student. I am so sad for her family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)