Tuesday, March 25, 2008

18!

There's something monumental about turning 18--especially if it's happening to you! It's kind of like you're turning the page from childhood into adulthood. You can vote, you can register for the draft. Today is Mark's 18th birthday!



Eighteen years ago yesterday I was at my sister-in-law's house flying a kite with Ashley when I went into labor. The next day, with Steve watching the NCAA tournament out of one eye, Mark was born. He was the cutest baby you've ever seen. He had a head full of black hair and pretty dark skin. I was in love instantly.








And, do you know that that boy has brought nothing but joy and happiness to us ever since? If I can brag just a little bit...he has always been known by all my friends and neighbors as one of the most polite little boys around. Don't you know that made me so proud?? He is smart, he's caring, he has a great smile and sense of humor. He's a leader and he's athletic. And he has a fun, upbeat personality. He's just enjoyable to be around! He has never given us a minute of trouble in all his 18 years. God has just totally blessed us with such a wonderful, sweet, and loving boy! He means the world to us! I love you so much, Mark!! Happy 18th Birthday!








Now, if everyone would pray for him and me....he is going skydiving this Sunday for his birthday! I know it is very safe, but I am having a hard time thinking about it. Please pray that he will be safe!! :) This is totally a guy thing--Steve is having no problem with it at all! I guess I'm just an overprotective mom!

9 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Your family is absolutely beautiful Betsy! I will be sure to say a prayer for your son =)! If you don't mind me asking...what is your advice for raising a boy?

Caroline said...

1. I LOVE YOUR NEW HEADER!!!! VERY VERY VERY CUTE!!!!

2. WHAT A GREAT SON YOU HAVE!!! HAPPY 18TH

3. WHAT GREAT PARENTS HE HAS THAT TAUGHT HIM AND SHOWED HIM TRUTH! YOU MUST BE A WONDERFUL MOM!!!! I JUST KNOW YOU ARE!!!!!

4. you can always brag on your kids to us!!!! we love to hear about it!!!!

laura said...

i love to read your blog mom you are so cute!!

:)

Knitting Mania said...

Hello, first time visit...I found you on Brin's blog and it's nice to meet you Betsy.

I loved the way you honored your son in this post, it blessed my heart. You have a beautiful family.

I noticed on your sidebar the books you are recommending, I read Amy Grant's Mosaic, right after Christmas, I really enjoyed reading about her life. I've always been a huge fan of her music.

Happy Tuesday!

mer said...

Happy Birthday to Mark! What a handsome guy you have.

Ugh...skydiving would have me freaked out just a tad!

And I love, love, love your new header. Very cute!

Kelly said...

He is so cute! You have such a neat family!!!!

Melissa said...

what a cutie!! happy birthday!

Julie said...

What a beautiful family you have. I loved looking at these pictures, especially the one with your son and the beagle. How precious! You son is a nice looking young man!

Knitting Mania said...

Silly me, how rude meeting you and not even telling you my name...

It's Chris...thanks for stopping by and your sweet compliment on my purses....

Looking forward to staying in touch!