Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday, Monday

This weekend was great. Friday night we went to my next door neighbor, Carol's, surprise 50th birthday party. I have to give it to her husband...he did a great job organizing it and having everything just perfect. He took her out to dinner and left notes at the house about how he wanted everything organized. All the food just needed to be put on the table. He had a beautiful flower arrangement and he even had sticky notes on all the candles he wanted lit!! Ok--definite brownie points for him!

Ashley was home this weekend, so that is always fun. Saturday morning I slept in (love that!)-then all us girls went to Bruegger's Bagels for breakfast. I realize you get enough calories and fat grams there to last a week. That is why I rarely go. But it is nice every once in a while. I love hanging out with my girls!

Saturday I got a little bit of laundry done & ran some errands. Then on Saturday night we took dinner to Steve's mom. She had surgery about two weeks ago on her knee, so I took her some spicy chicken vegetable soup, cornbread, and fruit salad. We decided to stay and visit for a while. She has a long road of recovery ahead of her, but she is doing well!

Sunday morning it was off to church. We love seeing all our sweet couples in our newly married class and my dad teaches. He is always awesome! This week the lesson was on giving back. I thought it was great.

So today it was back to work. Believe me, 5:30 comes REAAALLLLYYY early on Monday morning. I would love my job so much more if I just didn't have to get up so early. That is torture! But I love my class. They are just so precious and adorable...seriously! Every one of those children is well behaved, loving, and so cute. Going to work for me is really a joy each day. I just love the innocence and joy that five and six year olds have. Everything is new and exciting and they are not jaded about life yet. That is refreshing!

Since I spend so much time at school, I decided to take a few pictures of my classroom.

This one is of my desk. The flowers were given to me for Valentine's Day. They still look pretty!


Here is a picture of the back of my classroom:

This is what the front of my classroom looks like:

And I couldn't make it through the day without these two things....coke and gum!! I seriously get panicky if I forget to bring enough money for coke or I am out of gum. (It's a sickness!)

The menu for tonight is pork tenderloin on the grill, mushroom rice, corn, and a new broccoli recipe that I am stealing from my bloggy friend Sophia. Here is the recipe. I will let you know how it turns out!

Creamy Broccoli with Cashews
9 cups fresh broccoli florets

1/4 cup chopped onion

2 T. butter

1 cup sour cream

3 tsp. honey

1 tsp. cidar vinegar

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. paprika

1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews or peanuts

Steam broccoli in one inch of water for four minutes after it comes to a boil. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the nuts. Put broccoli in a serveing bowl, pour sour cream mixture over and toss to coat. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately. Makes about six cups.

*Note: We tried it tonight & it was delicious!! Thank you Sophia! :)

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Your classroom is cute!