Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lucky Girl

I think any mom I know can relate when I say that motherhood can be overwhelming. Life with a house full of teenagers definitely keeps my head spinning some days. Just today I have had discussions about breakups, who's taking who to prom, "what classes should I take next year?", graduation invitations, what we are doing for Spring Break, and who is prepared for their tests tomorrow? Along with teenagers come lots of meals, lots of cups and clothes scattered around, and TONS of laundry. (I'll have to take a picture and post it sometime. It's crazy!!) Whew! It takes alot to keep all the balls in the air. That is why I am so blessed to have such an awesome husband. I have the best husband in the world. He is so great with the kids and he treats me like a queen. Every day when I get home from school, he has the bed made and the kitchen cleaned up for me. We all leave very early and there is a lot of hustle and bustle with everyone fixing breakfast, making coffee, and packing lunches. He's the last one out of the house, so he makes sure everything is straight and Rocky is fed & put out. I love coming home to a clean countertop and a made bed, so his help means so much to me!! I am a lucky girl!



Let me tell you about something that I have found. I got a Victoria's Secret gift certificate for Christmas. Steve was excited about that, but since I am not into lingerie that is uncomfortable or over-revealing (I'm a sleep in a t-shirt kind of girl!), I chose perfume--Dream Angels Heavenly. And I absolutely love it! But I found another great use for it. I use it as a spray for linens. Bath towels and sheets smell so clean and fresh with a few spritzes of this!! Try it out next time you're at the mall!



I am absolutely amazed by David Archuleta! Was his performance last night not flawless? I think he is definitely going to win American Idol this year. He is just so cute and so talented!! I'm looking forward to hearing the girls tonight!

4 comments:

Patti's Chat said...

Aw...I agree, you've got a gem! God used the perfect blend when he put you two together.
The Weirich's miss the Maddox's! Those were the good ole days!
It's going to be nice to keep in touch...Patti

Caroline said...

I am so glad that you left a comment on my blog. Your family looks so precious and I can't wait to read more!!! have a wonderful afternoon.

Kelly said...

What a great husband!
And I love David A. too - he is precious!

mer said...

Hi Betsy! Thanks for the comment on my blog...it's nice to know that other people struggle to stay on top of housework too, and wow, you DO have a sweet husband to help you out in the mornings. If our beds are made and my kitchen is clean when I leave the house, then things just seem to go more smoothly for me!

Welcome to the bloggy world! I want to bookmark your blog so I can get to know you better!

Meredith