Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hugs

Just this week I have had four different friends share with me about a discouraging or difficult time they are walking through right now. I have been thinking so much about these four women and wishing I could encourage them somehow. We all need a little encouragement now and then! These Bible verses are so comforting to me:

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. - Deuteronomy 31:6

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. – Matthew 11:28-30

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27


Sometimes we just need a hug. These verses feel like God's arms are wrapped around me. I am praying for my sweet friends to feel that, too, as they are walking through truly difficult days. Please lift a little prayer up for them if you think about it during the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)